Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobSmy RobSmy is offline

Default How do you turn off keys making special characters?

Sometimes some keys begin registering different characters, like an accented
E when I press apostrophe (not after an Alt). The only way I can turn this
off is save my work, exit word, and restart. What's the official way to
return my keyboard to normal?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably accidentally typed LeftAlt-Shift, which toggles/cycles
through the installed keyboards. You can remove any keyboards you know
you're never going to use, but you do that differently in XP or Vista.
(You begin with Start Control Panel Regional and Language Options,
and can probably figure it out from there.)

On Jan 19, 4:53*pm, RobSmy wrote:
Sometimes some keys begin registering different characters, like an accented
E when I press apostrophe (not after an Alt). The only way I can turn this
off is save my work, exit word, and restart. What's the official way to
return my keyboard to normal?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pablo Cardellino Pablo Cardellino is offline

Switch the input language, which is a property of Windows system. Try just
ctrl+shift for switching, or alt + shift. You can disable the keyboard
shortcut he
Control Panel Regional and language settings Languages Details Key
settings

"RobSmy" escreveu na mensagem