Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
odisseus odisseus is offline

Default Replace all the "..." with «...» ?

I have to replace in the word all the "..." with «...» how can I?
thanx..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If they are straight quotes, set the language to one that uses «...» as
smart quotes and run autoformat with the option to convert straight quotes
to smart quotes.

odisseus wrote:
I have to replace in the word all the "..." with «...» how can I?
thanx..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And if they aren't straight quotes, you could disable Smart Quotes in
AutoFormat As You Type, use Replace to replace " with " (straight quotes can
be used in both "Find what" and "Replace with" boxes), then run AutoFormat
after changing the language (and after reenabling Smart Quotes).

What actually rather surprised me was that you can't just change the
language and Replace " with ". I would have expected this to work the same
way it does in English, where the straight quote is inserted and then
AutoFormatted, but unfortunately, the Replace made no change.

http://word.mvps.org

odisseus wrote:
I have to replace in the word all the "..." with «...» how can I?
thanx..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Alternatively if they aren't straight quotes, then you would have to replace
^0147 with ^034 and ^0148 with ^034 to make them so and then run autoformat.
Changing to ^034 with the replace function is not affected here by
autoformat as you type so there would be no need to disable it first when
using this option.

..