Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
seastheday seastheday is offline

Default How to change the position of a suffix on a number

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make a suffix on
a number stay on the line with the number instead of raised up, such as 9th
or 3rd. Every time I type this in Word, the th or the rd is raised. I can't
seem to find a setting that will enable me to have it stay on the line like
it looks here.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Steps to get to it depends on your Word version.

You need to find Options, AutoCorrect, AutoFormat As You Type and uncheck
Ordinals (1st) with superscript

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"seastheday" wrote in message
I'd very much appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make a suffix
on
a number stay on the line with the number instead of raised up, such as
9th
or 3rd. Every time I type this in Word, the th or the rd is raised. I
can't
seem to find a setting that will enable me to have it stay on the line
like
it looks here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"seastheday" wrote:

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make a suffix on
a number stay on the line with the number instead of raised up, such as 9th
or 3rd. Every time I type this in Word, the th or the rd is raised. I can't
seem to find a setting that will enable me to have it stay on the line like
it looks here.

I should probably add I'm using Word 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, it's Tools | AutoCorrect | AutoFormat As You Type.

"seastheday" wrote:

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make a suffix
on
a number stay on the line with the number instead of raised up, such as
9th
or 3rd. Every time I type this in Word, the th or the rd is raised. I
can't
seem to find a setting that will enable me to have it stay on the line
like
it looks here.

I should probably add I'm using Word 2000

Number suffix - st nd rd th Gav Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 08 11:26 AM
page number in exact position Ram Page Layout 7 February 13th 06 02:36 PM
Page number position patti New Users 2 December 4th 05 03:27 PM
need to change the position of a page number on some pages only Kellykim Microsoft Word Help 1 November 21st 05 11:04 PM
How do you change number position in a document? dr_carpenter Page Layout 5 June 2nd 05 05:36 PM