Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skye-mama Skye-mama is offline

Default Why is scrolling using the arrow buttons in Word 2007 so slow?

I have Word 2007, and there is a delay of at least two seconds when I type or
move the cursor (up, down, sideways) with the arrow buttons. It's driving me
crazy. The mouse scrolls at a normal speed, but I prefer to use the arrow
buttons while copyediting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Check in your status bar and see if a message comes up saying "contacting the
server for information." From research I did when I hit this, Word's trying
to connect to a network printer driver to paginate, but can't connect so it
freezes for a few seconds. (I've hit this when I try and work on documents
from work at home.)

If that's not the issue, are you getting any sort of feedback when it
freezes?

Kathy Fielder
www.databaseoasis.com