Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancy Nancy is offline

Default How do I unlock and old "form" document?

I have had so much trouble with an old "form" that I annually use! This form
is "locked" and I cannot edit to update the form for use this year! Here are
things I have tried after reading other peoples' comments: (1) yes 2007 is
activated (2) yes I have converted the file (3) I cannot "unlock" the
document!!! Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:16:04 -0800, Nancy
wrote:

I have had so much trouble with an old "form" that I annually use! This form
is "locked" and I cannot edit to update the form for use this year! Here are
things I have tried after reading other peoples' comments: (1) yes 2007 is
activated (2) yes I have converted the file (3) I cannot "unlock" the
document!!! Any ideas?

The easier way is to go to Office button Word Options Customize, choose the
All Commands category, and add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
This toggles forms protection on and off, like the lock icon on the Forms
toolbar of Word 2003.

The more roundabout way is to go to the Review tab of the ribbon and click the
Protect Document button, which opens the task pane. At the bottom of the task
pane should be a button that says "Stop Protection". After editing the form,
click the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button in the task pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman