Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Waqar Azeem Waqar Azeem is offline

Default Multiple bulleted styles appear in "styles and formatting" pan. 20

Whenever I start from a new document and:

 Apply a bullet for Level 1 there is a new style appears in €śstyles and
formatting" pan.
 When I apply bullet for second line and shift it to right, the second line
change to level 2 bullet€¦ quite normal.

I am curious about (related questions):

 Why this new level 2 style appears in €śstyles and formatting" pan. AND Why
it shouldnt be a part of level 1 style so that there wouldnt be too many
styles €śproliferated like rabbits€ť
 And most important for me, How can I suppress and merge it (level2 style)
with Level 1 style... just to mange my €śstyles and formatting€ť pan.

MS Word 2003

thanks

waqar

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What you are seeing is probably not styles but styles + formatting. You can
turn off the option to "Keep track of formatting" in Tools | Options, Edit
tab.

A long-term solution, however, might be to set up your bullets correctly as
an outline list with levels associated with paragraph styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Waqar Azeem" wrote in message
Whenever I start from a new document and:

? Apply a bullet for Level 1 there is a new style appears in "styles and
formatting" pan.
? When I apply bullet for second line and shift it to right, the second
line
change to level 2 bullet. quite normal.

I am curious about (related questions):

? Why this new level 2 style appears in "styles and formatting" pan. AND
Why
it shouldn't be a part of level 1 style so that there wouldn't be too many
styles "proliferated like rabbits"
? And most important for me, How can I suppress and merge it (level2
style)
with Level 1 style... just to mange my "styles and formatting" pan.

MS Word 2003

thanks

waqar