Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeFish MikeFish is offline

Default Embedded photo's

I had a hard drive failure in 2006 and lost the photo's from my 2005 holiday.
My fault for not backing up I know . However I was searching through my
email archive and found that I'd done a Word document for some friends which
had embedded photo's in it. My question is, is there anyway I can get these
photo's back from the document and turn them back into .jpg files?

Hope you can help me.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Make sure you put them on a disk now that you have them back!

Next time you might lose that document. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

MikeFish wrote:
I had a hard drive failure in 2006 and lost the photo's from my 2005
holiday. My fault for not backing up I know . However I was
searching through my email archive and found that I'd done a Word
document for some friends which had embedded photo's in it. My
question is, is there anyway I can get these photo's back from the
document and turn them back into .jpg files?

Hope you can help me.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trial_and_Error Trial_and_Error is offline

You may also copy and paste a photo from a Word 2003 doc into Publisher 2007
(Vista), right click to format picture, reset to original size, then save as
PNG or JPEG and many more options.

You may also open the older Word doc in Publisher 2007. It will convert the
file. All the pics are then selectable and can be edited and saved in
multiple file formats.

Found all this through trial and error, mostly error. A lifesaver for some
precious photos from a few years back that had been saved to disk but the
file was corrupted.