Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shnleung shnleung is offline

Default Logo in the first page heder showed blank with border

I'm using Word 2003. My graphic logo in the header comes blank and boxes
with border in the print layout view. In the same header, the address and
page # show in lighter grey. The characters in the text body show in black.
This graphic logo will show in the Print Preview or Print though.

If I copy the graphic image to a new page, it shows object anchors only. I
can only see it there with Print Preview.

How can I see the graphic logo in the header again?

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

shnleung wrote:
I'm using Word 2003. My graphic logo in the header comes blank and
boxes with border in the print layout view. In the same header, the
address and page # show in lighter grey. The characters in the text
body show in black. This graphic logo will show in the Print Preview
or Print though.

If I copy the graphic image to a new page, it shows object anchors
only. I can only see it there with Print Preview.

How can I see the graphic logo in the header again?

Sam

In the Tools Options View dialog, uncheck "Picture placeholders" and
check "Drawings".

There's nothing you can do about the grey type in the header. When the
cursor is in the document body, headers and footers are always grey; when
the cursor is in a header or footer, the body text is grey. There is no
option to turn that off. When you print, or if you convert the document to a
PDF, the header and footer won't be grey.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

plumpang plumpang is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post
shnleung wrote:[color=blue][i]

In the Tools Options View dialog, uncheck "Picture placeholders" and
check "Drawings".

There's nothing you can do about the grey type in the header. When the
cursor is in the document body, headers and footers are always grey; when
the cursor is in a header or footer, the body text is grey. There is no
option to turn that off. When you print, or if you convert the document to a
PDF, the header and footer won't be grey.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Friend, i get your idea..so if i wanted clear about grey colour in header and footer, i should convert to PDF..am i right?
How about result of print if not convert to pdf? is still have grey in the result of printer?
thanks