Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Default Suggestion - Quick Access to Font Effects

While using W2003, I occasionally use Strikethrough via Format, Font menu
options, and Effects checkbox. Because several clicks are required to get
this effect, perhaps an entry in the Quick Menu could be added to quickly
turn this effect on and off. Perhaps a Recently-Used entry (with sub-menu) in
the Quick Menu could point to such options, or if this might slow down the
response of the Quick Menu, how about a single entry showing the last effect,
or make the number of entries programmable in Tools, Options?

I have used another work-around, where I created my own Quick toolbar with
customised entries according to need, but after a while this gets cluttered
with functions previously added but then rarely used.
--
Richard

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Yes, thanks grammatim, I've used keyboard shortcuts. I have Ctrl+/ set up
for a tick and Ctrl+\ for a cross. The same applies really as for the Quick
toolbar - it's the recently-used ones that I want quick access to. I don't
want to keep re-customising the toolbar or the keyboard.
--
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use Tools | Customize to add a Strikethrough button to any toolbar
(it even has a built-in icon). I have both Strikethrough and Double
Strikethrough on my Formatting toolbar.

Or you can add it to the context (shortcut) menu(s), but note that you will
probably have to add it to a *lot* of context menus since there will be many
"contexts" in which you may want to use it.

There is not a built-in keyboard shortcut, but, as previously mentioned, you
can assign one.

http://word.mvps.org

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Probably the best work-around is to use Format Painter to re-apply the
effects of interest.
--
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It didn't come that way? I had a Strikethrough button, but since I
never use it, I don't think I put it there ...

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"RichUE" wrote in message

While using W2003, I occasionally use Strikethrough via Format, Font menu
options, and Effects checkbox. Because several clicks are required to get
this effect, perhaps an entry in the Quick Menu could be added to quickly
turn this effect on and off. Perhaps a Recently-Used entry (with sub-menu)
in
the Quick Menu could point to such options, or if this might slow down the
response of the Quick Menu, how about a single entry showing the last
effect,
or make the number of entries programmable in Tools, Options?

I have used another work-around, where I created my own Quick toolbar with
customised entries according to need, but after a while this gets
cluttered
with functions previously added but then rarely used.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If I look at Add or Remove Buttons | Formatting, Strikethrough, Double
Strikethrough, and many others I've added are dimmed, indicating they are
not among the default choices for that toolbar (much less displayed by
default), so I can only conclude that you must have added it at some point.

http://word.mvps.org