Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dab Dab is offline

Default Help - Word 2007 looses it 'focus'

I have an annoying problem with MS Word in that when I'm typing a document
that is larger than what appears on the screen, Word regularly shifts the
view window to somewhere else in the document from where I'm typing. I can
keep typing forever, blindly, and the window focus won't go back to where
the cursor is. If I use an up or down arrow, the view will jump back to
where I'm typing. This happens in Word and in Outlook (where I experience
it most often as I use Word as my email editor. Anyone know a fixes for
this; it's really annoying!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I had that problem with both Word and Outlook 2007, but it was fixed in Word
(at least for me) after I applied SP1. I still have the problem in Outlook,
though.

The problem appears to be zoom related -- at least for me. My vision isn't
wonderful, so I usually have the text zoomed to 140% or higher in both Word
and Outlook. The problem does not occur when text is zoomed to 100%. As far
as I'm aware, that's the only work-around... not a great work-around, since
I can't read most documents comfortably at 100%.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Dab" wrote in message
I have an annoying problem with MS Word in that when I'm typing a document
that is larger than what appears on the screen, Word regularly shifts the
view window to somewhere else in the document from where I'm typing. I can
keep typing forever, blindly, and the window focus won't go back to where
the cursor is. If I use an up or down arrow, the view will jump back to
where I'm typing. This happens in Word and in Outlook (where I experience
it most often as I use Word as my email editor. Anyone know a fixes for
this; it's really annoying!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Nordgreen Jan Nordgreen is offline

Interesting problem! I also want to know a good solution.

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dab Dab is offline

Hi Herb:

Thanks for your note. I have the service packs applied. Could be it's
fixed in Word and a I haven't noticed it, but it's definitely in Outlook.
Without knowing for sure, I expect that I'm in 'zoom mode' as well. I'll
try the 100% mode. Thanks for the tip.

"Dab" wrote in message
I have an annoying problem with MS Word in that when I'm typing a document
that is larger than what appears on the screen, Word regularly shifts the
view window to somewhere else in the document from where I'm typing. I
can keep typing forever, blindly, and the window focus won't go back to
where the cursor is. If I use an up or down arrow, the view will jump
back to where I'm typing. This happens in Word and in Outlook (where I
experience it most often as I use Word as my email editor. Anyone know a
fixes for this; it's really annoying!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MsUnderestimated MsUnderestimated is offline

Herb:

You are correct. My users, as well as myself, were experiencing this same
issue. All of a sudden one day, every time I chose "Forward" for an email,
not only the text would enlarge, but any embedded images would, as well. None
of us could recall changing anything, so I found the solution to the problem;
simply open a blank email, click on the Zoom button and click 100%. That
stopped the enlargement problem for all of us.

However, as you state, sometimes people need the Zoom to be more than 100%.
I don't have an answer for that, but the above worked for the original issue.

Regards,
RM House
Applications Support
Atlanta, GA

P.S. I just checked out your Word 2007 Bible Blog, and I LOVE it!