Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Page Count Appears above Footnotes

I have a document 313 pgs long. We are using Word 2007 but saving as a 2003
documtent for greater compatibility with other users. It just recently began
displaying the total page count...i.e. 313 followed by a line just above the
footnotes on all pages that have footnotes. This line cannot be accessed in
the footer or edit footnote options. Any suggestions on how to make it go
away?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did your page number maybe somehow get into your Footnote Separator?

Go to Draft View, Show Footnotes, and in the dropdown in the title bar
of the footnotes pane, choose Footnote Separator, and fix it up.