Ursula A.

Default Toolbar - customized settings disappear

I have customized the toolbar by adding a few editing items, but these
settings disappear each time the PC is shut down. Where do I need to make the
changes so they stay.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.
Debbie

Customized toolbars are saved with the Normal.dot
template, or whatever template was loaded when you
customized the toolbar. Make sure you're using the same
template.

I have customized the toolbar by adding a few editing

items, but these
settings disappear each time the PC is shut down. Where

do I need to make the
changes so they stay.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.
.

Ursula A.

Susan, yes we use Acrobat 7.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Acrobat 7?

"Ursula A." wrote in message
I have customized the toolbar by adding a few editing items, but these
settings disappear each time the PC is shut down. Where do I need to make

the
changes so they stay.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.

TF

Adobe has broken Word. in previous versions of Adobe Acrobat, the office
add-ins cause Word's normal.dot (global template) to save everytime you
opened and closed Word. Their idea of a workaround is to inhibit Word from
saving normal.dot - ever!

There's a rough workaround: edit the Windows registry. You need to find the
key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\ Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin]

and change the subkey called "LoadBehavior" from a value of 3 to 0

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Ursula A." wrote in message
news : Susan, yes we use Acrobat 7.
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: Do you have Acrobat 7?
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Ursula A." wrote in message
: ...
: I have customized the toolbar by adding a few editing items, but these
: settings disappear each time the PC is shut down. Where do I need to
make
: the
: changes so they stay.
:
: --
: Many thanks, and have a good day
: Ursula A.
:
:

Arman

Suzanne The reg istry update certainly fixed the office 2003 applications,
ANy idea on Visio 2002 (XP)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Acrobat 7?

"Ursula A." wrote in message
I have customized the toolbar by adding a few editing items, but these
settings disappear each time the PC is shut down. Where do I need to make

the
changes so they stay.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.

Not a clue.

"Arman" wrote in message
Suzanne The reg istry update certainly fixed the office 2003

applications,
ANy idea on Visio 2002 (XP)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Acrobat 7?