Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
minimus[_3_] minimus[_3_] is offline

Default save

When I make a change in a word doxc file word sometimes asks me to save it
with a different file name.
Why does that happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You have an incompatible third party add-in, an over-zealous Anti Virus or
insufficient permissions to make changes in that folder.

If you need more help, please give us some information to work on such as

version of Word
version of OS
whether they are patched up to date
if this is a standalone or networked computer
where the document is stored

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"minimus" wrote in message
When I make a change in a word doxc file word sometimes asks me to save it
with a different file name.
Why does that happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
You have an incompatible third party add-in, an over-zealous Anti Virus or
insufficient permissions to make changes in that folder.

Thanks for the reply:

version of Word: 2007
version of OS: XP PROF.
whether they are patched up to date: UP TO DATE
if this is a standalone or networked computer: NETWORK
where the document is stored: DESKTOP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert T Robert T is offline

Terry; Same issues. I have no add-ins (that I know about), Microsoft OneCare,
total permissions. I have fought this for sometime. About every 5th save I
have to rename document. Surely there must be some code in the software that
is causing this issue. Thanks for any information you can provide.
--
Robert Tankersley CDP

"minimus" wrote in message
When I make a change in a word doxc file word sometimes asks me to save it
with a different file name.
Why does that happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Are you working in Wd2007 mode or compatibility mode?

Would you test this in Safe Mode for a while to see if it recurs? From
Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Word will now be in Safe Mode. Test editing documents for a
decent period to see if the problem recurs.

Terry