Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CPO Tom G CPO Tom G is offline

Default create a list of tables for table of contents

i have a document that was created in Word 2003 and has been reviewed and
modified by several different persons.
My new laptop has Word 2007.
I am not able to update the List of Tables, the list of figures, and the
table of contents.
Must I have delete every caption and create new captions?
The 2007 Office suite is the absolute worse product I have ever encountered!
Evidently the folks at micorsoft don't understand that if something isn't
broke, it doesn't need to be fixed!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Opening a doc file in W2007 preserves fields, so your TOCs should work. It
is not usually necessary to delete and redo content for TOCs. Please describe
your actions and the result (including any error messages) so we can try to
help.