Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cvb1 cvb1 is offline

Default A word document has saved itself as a D\ file - how do I open it?

I have just finished typing a long document which I need to send for editing
and then to a committee. When i went to add it to an email I discovered that
it has saved itself as a D\ rather than C\ document. I need to open it. If
anyone can help, please with simple instructions as I know very little about
software behind the scenes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Start (My) Computer will take you to the place to access your D:
drive. (Maybe it's a partition on the same hard drive as your C:
drive.)

But if you just saved it in Word, then it will appear in your list of
Recent Documents in the File menu or the Office button, and you can
open it and check for its full filepathname.