Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justlearning Justlearning is offline

Default How to insert {sp] or [sic]

When doing spell check I come across words that I need to research, and thus
do not want to either "ignore", "change," or "add to dictionary."

Is there a way to programmatically insert [sp] or [sic] in those cases?
--
Justlearning
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You can't alter the Spell Check dialog to add that functionality if that's
what you mean, but you can click in the doc to enter the notation then click
back in the Spell Check dialog to resume.

Those markings can be added as AutoCorrect or AutoText items or you could
even create macros & assign keystrokes to them or add them as buttons on a
toolbar (depending on version). To my way of thinking, though, that's
overkill for just the matter of entering several characters - personally,
I'd just go with the "click 'n' type" approach :-)

I don't know of any way to proceed with the Spell Check other than to
correct, Ignore or Add, but if you Ignore you can later use the Spelling &
Grammar Options to reset so those items will be caught.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/21/09 9:19 AM, in article
, "Justlearning"
wrote:

When doing spell check I come across words that I need to research, and thus
do not want to either "ignore", "change," or "add to dictionary."

Is there a way to programmatically insert [sp] or [sic] in those cases?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Bob suggests there is no automatic way to do this, but you could add a
couple of macros to a toolbar and with the cursor in the offending word, a
click on the macro will add [sic] or [sp] immediately after that word e.g.

Sub AddSIC()
Dim oRng As Range
Set oRng = Selection.Words(1)
If Right(oRng, 1) = Chr(32) Then