Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmckayw cmckayw is offline

Default copy text out of a form field

Can i copy and paste the text from a form field into a new document WITHOUT
copying the gray box? Sometimes i can copy a portion of the text, other
times all content in field is selected..any ideas?
thank you-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

After pasting the grey box, just select it and then use Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
convert it to ordinary text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"cmckayw" wrote in message
Can i copy and paste the text from a form field into a new document
WITHOUT
copying the gray box? Sometimes i can copy a portion of the text, other
times all content in field is selected..any ideas?
thank you-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmckayw cmckayw is offline

Thank you -- however it did work... I use a Mac... I tried with the Command
key, the control key, the function -- any alternate keystrokes?
Many thanks....

"cmckayw" wrote:

Can i copy and paste the text from a form field into a new document WITHOUT
copying the gray box? Sometimes i can copy a portion of the text, other
times all content in field is selected..any ideas?
thank you-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

As Greg said, if the form is properly protected the field itself should not
be selectable. Therefore, it doesn't get copied & you can use any of the
normal text selection techniques as well as a few others, such as simply
tabbing into the field. I don't understand what you're attempting to achieve
with the keys you're referring to. If you post a clear idea of what you're
having trouble with to the Mac Word group perhaps we can shed some light on
it the

microsoft.public.mac.office.word

Make sure to specify your exact version of Office as well as your current
Mac OS level.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac