Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AZU AZU is offline

Default Drop Down menus with pictures

I am building a form (Workplace Safety) and I want to know if a down menu can
contain pictures (Safety icons-pictures) to choose from, instead of just text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Menus can't but Galleries can. Gallery controls were introduced in
Word2007. See:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Gallery_Control.htm
--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"AZU" wrote in message
I am building a form (Workplace Safety) and I want to know if a down menu
can
contain pictures (Safety icons-pictures) to choose from, instead of just
text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AZU AZU is offline

So before I start downloading things, can this be ab download addition to
Word 2003, or do i need to upgrade to 2007

"AZU" wrote in message
I am building a form (Workplace Safety) and I want to know if a down menu
can
contain pictures (Safety icons-pictures) to choose from, instead of just
text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

No the Gallery controls are a new type of UI control available only in
Office 2007 applications. I concede that I didn't read your question fully.
I saw menus and immediately thought user interface (i.e., menus and
toolbars). Reading closer it looks like you want to have a form where users
have the option to select a graphic from a collection of graphics displayed
in the form. I suppose that you coud adapt a userform for this purpose.
You could call the userform from a macrobutton field in the form and then
add your images to to picture controls on the userform.

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

That page doesn't show a picture control but there should be enough there to
get you started.