Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] grizzlyboy92@yahoo.com is offline

Default Saved files are unavailable

I have Microsoft word 2007 installed on an HP with windows vista. I am able
to open word and create a document. I can save the document and close word,
but when I try to reopen word and access the document I get a message that
says "the file XXXXXX is not available;e". It has been like this for a few
months. We have uninstalled The office package and reinstalled it and we
still have the problem. I have saved the file to a jump drive and tried to
open it and get the same problem. When I put the drive in the laptop running
XP and the same version of Word the file opens with no problems.
Is there a solution to this so I can use Word?

I have read some of the other threads where people are having the same
issues. The fixes that have been given them don't apply to my situation
though. They were told that the issue was with Norton. I don't have Norton on
my computer.
Please help