Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sharonm sharonm is offline

Default Link in Word Table to Excel file

Hello all,

I am linking to an Excel worksheet in a Word table. Both are 2003 versions.
I copy the field in Excel and then in Word, I select Edit, paste special and
Check Paste as Link. In the drop down box I select HTML format.

This adds the link properly but it expands the height of the row in the
table. It seems to add 1 line above the link and 1 below. And I can not get
it back to the right height with out deleting the link.

I hope this makes sense to someone. Does anyone have any suggestions or
advice on how to copy the link into the table without changing the formatting?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terri Terri is offline

Default Linking between Work and Wxcel

I am having the same trouble. Have you gotten an answer to this problem yet?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sharonm sharonm is offline

Hi,

Instead of selecting HTML, use Plain text. This does not mess up your
formatting.