Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Table of Contents In Word 2007 Show Same Page Number

Hello,

I have a word 2007 document that has a Table Of Contents. The Table of
Contents displays correctly when I'm working on it, however, when I email the
file to other co-workers and they open the page number were replaced with all
1s. Those that know how to update the TOC will update the information and it
shows fine but those that don't get all confused.

Does someone know what is causing this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Usually the reason for this is that the email attachments are opening in
Full Screen Reading view. To prevent that from happening, ask the recipients
to click the View options button (in Full Screen Reading view), and then
click to select Don't Open Attachments in Full Screen. (Note that there is
no way for you, as the sender of the files, to force this setting on the
recipients computers.) Alternatively, ask the recipients to save the
documents to the hard disk before opening them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a word 2007 document that has a Table Of Contents. The Table of
Contents displays correctly when I'm working on it, however, when I email
the
file to other co-workers and they open the page number were replaced with
all
1s. Those that know how to update the TOC will update the information and
it
shows fine but those that don't get all confused.

Does someone know what is causing this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A third option is to tell them to update the TOC (click in it and press F9)
after switching from Full Screen Reading to another view.

http://word.mvps.org

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a word 2007 document that has a Table Of Contents. The Table of
Contents displays correctly when I'm working on it, however, when I email
the
file to other co-workers and they open the page number were replaced with
all
1s. Those that know how to update the TOC will update the information
and it
shows fine but those that don't get all confused.

Does someone know what is causing this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline