Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sharonm sharonm is offline

Default Formatting problem with Excel Link

Hello all,

I am linking to an Excel worksheet in a Word table. Both are 2003 versions.
I copy the field in Excel and then in Word, I select Edit, paste special and
Check Paste as Link. In the drop down box I select HTML format.

This adds the link properly but it expands the height of the row in the
table. It seems to add 1 line above the link and 1 below. And I can not get
it back to the right height with out deleting the link.

I hope this makes sense to someone. Does anyone have any suggestions or
advice on how to copy the link into the table without changing the formatting?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Why use HTML format? Have you tried any of the others? I tend to use
Unformatted Text with the Paste Link, this gives me the updateable field in
the same format as the rest of the Word field.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"sharonm" wrote:

Hello all,

I am linking to an Excel worksheet in a Word table. Both are 2003 versions.
I copy the field in Excel and then in Word, I select Edit, paste special and
Check Paste as Link. In the drop down box I select HTML format.

This adds the link properly but it expands the height of the row in the
table. It seems to add 1 line above the link and 1 below. And I can not get
it back to the right height with out deleting the link.

I hope this makes sense to someone. Does anyone have any suggestions or
advice on how to copy the link into the table without changing the formatting?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sharonm sharonm is offline

Thank you. That worked. I am new to linking to a word document. I just read
somewhere abount using HTML so that is what I was trying. But the unformatted
works great.

Thanks again.