Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mandy mandy is offline

Default Deleting Styles in Word 2007

Hi there

I have created some bulleted styles in the Style Pane in Word 2007 (under
the expansion icon under Styles) and have tried deleting the ones I don't
require, however when I open up a new word document, they reappear in the
Styles Pane.

I have also tried deleting them in the Managed Styles icon as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks and regards

Mandy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will have to delete the styles from the template in which they are
stored.

In the Manage Styles dialog box, click the Import/Export button to display
the Organizer dialog box. By default, the dialog box shows the current
document and the Normal template. (If you saved the styles in a different
template, click the Close File button and then click Open File to open the
correct template.) Just select and delete the styles as desired.

Note that Word's built-in styles cannot be deleted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mandy" wrote in message
Hi there

I have created some bulleted styles in the Style Pane in Word 2007 (under
the expansion icon under Styles) and have tried deleting the ones I don't
require, however when I open up a new word document, they reappear in the
Styles Pane.

I have also tried deleting them in the Managed Styles icon as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks and regards

Mandy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mandy mandy is offline

Hi Stefan

Great - I'll try that out - thanks for your help!

--
Thanks and regards

Mandy

"Mandy" wrote in message
Hi there

I have created some bulleted styles in the Style Pane in Word 2007 (under
the expansion icon under Styles) and have tried deleting the ones I don't
require, however when I open up a new word document, they reappear in the
Styles Pane.

I have also tried deleting them in the Managed Styles icon as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks and regards

Mandy