Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wyndslash wyndslash is offline

Default How do you insert paragraph numbers?

i know you can insert line numbers, but can you insert paragraph numbers? i
need to number each paragraph in my document for my class, but don't know if
this option is available and how.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One Option: For what you describe you should be able to simply use the same
Numbering feature you would use for a Numbered List - the button on the
Ribbon. However, you'll also have to appropriately use Paragraph Formatting
to add Space Before/After the paragraphs rather than following the common -
and erroneous - convention of pressing Enter twice at the end of each
paragraph. Otherwise the "empty" paragraphs sandwiched between those with
content will also be numbered.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 7:58 AM, in article
, "wyndslash"
wrote:

i know you can insert line numbers, but can you insert paragraph numbers? i
need to number each paragraph in my document for my class, but don't know if
this option is available and how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wyndslash wyndslash is offline

what? sorry, i didn't quite understand it...could you give me an example or
step by step? i already have the whole document written out though...

wrote:

i know you can insert line numbers, but can you insert paragraph numbers? i
need to number each paragraph in my document for my class, but don't know if
this option is available and how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

First of all, what version of Word are you using?

Second, have you pressed Enter twice at the end of each paragraph? Turn on
the non-printing characters (¶) if you aren't sure. You'll see one of the ¶
marks by itself between each paragraph of text.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 8:31 AM, in article
, "wyndslash"

wrote:

i know you can insert line numbers, but can you insert paragraph numbers? i
need to number each paragraph in my document for my class, but don't know if
this option is available and how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default How do you insert paragraph numbers and maintain paragraph spacing

As soon as I number the paragraphs they go to no spacing between the numbered
paragraphs. How do we modify the style of the numbered list to increase
spacing between the numbered items?