Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flip[_2_] Flip[_2_] is offline

Default Remove unused (parts of) pictures from documents

Hi NG,
If you cut off some part of a picture or, one picture is covered by another,
the invisible parts remain in the document. That's usefull while working.
Once the work is finished I would like to remove all these unused parts.
This is to reduce the filesize and sometimes (if the file is sent out as a
Word document) for privacy reasons. Can that be done?

Flip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:57:12 +0100, "Flip" flipatkonitechpuntnl wrote:

Hi NG,
If you cut off some part of a picture or, one picture is covered by another,
the invisible parts remain in the document. That's usefull while working.
Once the work is finished I would like to remove all these unused parts.
This is to reduce the filesize and sometimes (if the file is sent out as a
Word document) for privacy reasons. Can that be done?

Flip

Not within Word. Use a graphics editor, such as IrfanView (free at
www.irfanview.com), to crop the picture before you insert it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Word does have a limited function that can remove the cropped parts of an
embedded image.
Format Picture, Picture tab, Compress button, the bottom check box is to
Delete Cropped areas of pictures", but note that you should also check the
"No Change" in the Change Resolution section and uncheck the Compress
Pictures button, so your quality is not affected.
Beware though, depending on what format the image is when inserted this
function does not work, it works for JPG but not PNG, etc.
As Jay has mentioned, using a graphic editor, such as Photoshop, IrfanView,
etc. can work wonders.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:57:12 +0100, "Flip" flipatkonitechpuntnl wrote:

Hi NG,
If you cut off some part of a picture or, one picture is covered by another,
the invisible parts remain in the document. That's usefull while working.
Once the work is finished I would like to remove all these unused parts.
This is to reduce the filesize and sometimes (if the file is sent out as a
Word document) for privacy reasons. Can that be done?

Flip

Not within Word. Use a graphics editor, such as IrfanView (free at
www.irfanview.com), to crop the picture before you insert it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flip[_2_] Flip[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the infos,
Flip

"DeanH" schreef in bericht

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:57:12 +0100, "Flip" flipatkonitechpuntnl wrote:

Hi NG,
If you cut off some part of a picture or, one picture is covered by
another,
the invisible parts remain in the document. That's usefull while
working.
Once the work is finished I would like to remove all these unused parts.
This is to reduce the filesize and sometimes (if the file is sent out as
Word document) for privacy reasons. Can that be done?

Flip

Not within Word. Use a graphics editor, such as IrfanView (free at
www.irfanview.com), to crop the picture before you insert it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman