Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Penni Penni is offline

Default Forms

I have created a form in Word 2003 with fields and check boxes and drop down
lists. At the end of the form, I was able to unlock the last part of the
form for free typing. Users type text into this area. Somehow, in the
conversion to 2007, they are allowed to type in that area but lost the
ability to use bullets and spell check. I have 30 Sergeants screaming at me
to get their bullets and spell check back. I cannot find in 2007 the path to
unlock the last part of the document.

Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2007, you can only apply the so-called quick styles (found in the
Styles group on the Home tab of the ribbon) in a protected document. Modify
a bullet style, such as List Bullet, to suit your needs (if necessary) and
then click the "Add to Quick Style list" option in the Modify Style dialog
box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Penni" wrote in message
I have created a form in Word 2003 with fields and check boxes and drop
down
lists. At the end of the form, I was able to unlock the last part of the
form for free typing. Users type text into this area. Somehow, in the
conversion to 2007, they are allowed to type in that area but lost the
ability to use bullets and spell check. I have 30 Sergeants screaming at
me
to get their bullets and spell check back. I cannot find in 2007 the path
unlock the last part of the document.

Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I forgot to mention that spell check has never been (directly) possible in
protected documents. See if this article helps:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP