Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TimothyL TimothyL is offline

Default Custom designed table borders????

Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply to any table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I cannot
figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Aside from choosing different line styles/colors for various sides, there's
no customization provided for. But see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply to any
table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I cannot
figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TimothyL TimothyL is offline

Yeah I have been to that site and it is not what I am looking for. I know how
to apply and create custom PAGE borders. But I want to do it on TABLE borders
and I do not think you can. Which to me is bullcrap as far as I am concerned!!

You cannot have it all I guess....
Thanks for your responce...

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply to any
table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I cannot
figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You would have to create custom table borders in the same exceedingly
painful way you would page borders, I'm afraid.

http://word.mvps.org

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply to any
table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I cannot
figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TimothyL TimothyL is offline

bah sometimes I wonder why I even use Word. Well back to QuarkXpress for me
then. I thought I would give the new version of Word a try and it is still no
where even close to QuarkXpress when it comes to desktop publishing.

Bye bye WORD!!!
Thanks a lot for all your help though Suzanne!!

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply to any
table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I cannot
figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I agree that you should use the best tool for your requirements. Please let
me point out, though, that Word was never designed or promoted as a "desktop
publishing" program. It's a word processor. Microsoft does offer a DTP
program, called Publisher, and Word is not that program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply
to any table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I
cannot figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Deirdre Sykes Deirdre Sykes is offline

Timothy,
Table styles can be created.
1. In order to save any table style, first create a table (this includes
rows and columns).
2. Select the whole table by its cross-in-a-box.
Note: Table Tools tab and Design tab - selected on the ribbon.
3. Use the Table Styles group and click the 'down-arrow with a minus above'.
This displays table styles.
4. At the bottom are 3 options. Select the New Table Style...
5. The Create New Style from Formatting dialog appears.
6. Format as desired.
7. Click OK.
8. Test by creating a new table and apply the new style to the selected table.

--
I hope that this has been of assistance to you.
Regards, Deirdre

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply
to any table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I
cannot figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I know it's a lot of effort to scroll down to the bottom of the post and
read the original question :-b but you really should have. You cannot create
a custom table border in a table style, any more than you could do so
without a table style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Deirdre Sykes wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply
to any table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I
cannot figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Deirdre Sykes Deirdre Sykes is offline

No problem scrolling or reading, thank you.

The instructions are a simple way of formatting a table border (be it 1 or
many columns or rows).

As I wrote these instructions, this was proven.

The dialog box for the new table styles provides various possibilities which
can then be applied to format any table (this includes row and/or column
borders plus shading).

It does not provide any individual cell shading or individual cell border
capabilities (this would have to be applied after selecting a table style for
more enhancements - if necessary).
--

"TimothyL" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a custom designed border that I can apply
to any table

I am in the Borders and Shading window on the Borders tab and I
cannot figure out how to add a custom made/designed border.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

But if you had scrolled to the bottom, you would have seen that the OP
wanted BorderArt.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I know it's a lot of effort to scroll down to the bottom of the post and
read the original question :-b but you really should have. You cannot
create
a custom table border in a table style, any more than you could do so
without a table style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman