Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default header margins

In my document one header has a different lower margin creating the header
space wider. The header from the top of the page is the same. Any
suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Under Word Options, Advanced, toggle on Show Text Boundaries, then switch to
the Header view. Magnify if necessary and look for a tiny little empty text
box. Select the Text Box and delete it.

I'm guessing that someone used the ghastly Page Number button to add a Page
Number to the Header and then deleted it. Unfortunately, that ghastly option
places the Page Number inside a Text Box. When you later select and delete
the Page Number, it does delete the number but not the text box.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"cindy" wrote in message
In my document one header has a different lower margin creating the header
space wider. The header from the top of the page is the same. Any
suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Display nonprinting characters and look for an extra, empty paragraph
(marked by the pilcrow ΒΆ). Delete it.

http://word.mvps.org

"cindy" wrote in message
In my document one header has a different lower margin creating the header
space wider. The header from the top of the page is the same. Any
suggestions.

Header/Footer Margins srinehart Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 07 08:08 PM
Header/Footer Margins John Microsoft Word Help 9 July 28th 06 01:24 AM
Header and Footer margins doughboy Microsoft Word Help 1 July 20th 06 03:45 AM
header margins...help! tyectk Tables 8 November 8th 05 04:26 PM
Header margins vs. text margins Djin Page Layout 1 September 17th 05 08:45 PM