Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herman_KLF Herman_KLF is offline

Default Comments

Hi

Is it possible to create a comment in MS Word 2007 like the ones in Excel
which pops up when you hover your mouse over a certain word or sentence. For
example to explain the meaning of a word.

If yes, how?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes. Select the word or sentence, then on the Review tab of the ribbon,
click the New Comment button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Herman_KLF wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to create a comment in MS Word 2007 like the ones in
Excel which pops up when you hover your mouse over a certain word or
sentence. For example to explain the meaning of a word.

If yes, how?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Jay,

I'm not near a Word 2007 machine to check so thought I'd ask: Can comments
in Word 2007 be configured to work like a screentip and display when
hovering? I'm only familar with comments in balloons in the margin or
(rarely) in a split screen layout.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

Herman_KLF wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to create a comment in MS Word 2007 like the ones in
Excel which pops up when you hover your mouse over a certain word or
sentence. For example to explain the meaning of a word.

If yes, how?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Draft view, comments display only in ScreenTips, but they also display on
mouseover in Print Layout view (provided you have ScreenTips enabled).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Yes. Select the word or sentence, then on the Review tab of the ribbon,
click the New Comment button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so
all may benefit.

Herman_KLF wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to create a comment in MS Word 2007 like the ones in
Excel which pops up when you hover your mouse over a certain word or
sentence. For example to explain the meaning of a word.

If yes, how?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com" wrote:

Cool. Thanks Suzanne. I'll have to check that out sometime.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

THanks it helped a lot. Well done

Herman_KLF wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to create a comment in MS Word 2007 like the ones in
Excel which pops up when you hover your mouse over a certain word or
sentence. For example to explain the meaning of a word.

If yes, how?

Thanks

Deleted comments - any way for a 3rd party to view deleted comments? SoxFanInVA Microsoft Word Help 3 January 10th 08 05:12 PM
comments Awln Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 07 12:28 AM
Comments commentsearch Microsoft Word Help 2 January 8th 07 01:34 PM
Comments Sol Microsoft Word Help 7 August 31st 06 02:19 PM
Make Word XP comments like Word 97 comments. LEE Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 05 05:07 PM