Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iantresman iantresman is offline

Default Word 2007 "two pages" view: odd numbers on the right?

When I select View "two pages" (facing pages), my odd-numbered pages show on
the left. Like all books, I would like to show my even numbered pages on the
left, and odd-numbered pages on the right.

Is there an easy way to do this, without having to temporarily insert a
blank page, and renumber from the next?

In case it helps searching, the left pages are sometimes called "verso" (or
sinister), and the right pages, "recto".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can view facing pages in Print Preview (only) if you enable either
"Different odd and even" for headers/ footers or "Mirror margins." There is
no provision for viewing facing pages in Print Layout view.

http://word.mvps.org

"iantresman" wrote in message
When I select View "two pages" (facing pages), my odd-numbered pages show
on
the left. Like all books, I would like to show my even numbered pages on
the
left, and odd-numbered pages on the right.

Is there an easy way to do this, without having to temporarily insert a
blank page, and renumber from the next?

In case it helps searching, the left pages are sometimes called "verso"
(or
sinister), and the right pages, "recto".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The simplest thing to do is to temporarily insert a Page Break at the
very beginning of the document -- and try to ignore the (now wrong)
page numbers that appear on the pages. That way you can check your
openings to be sure the things are together that are supposed to
appear together. If the page numbers are really needed, then you'll
have to try to start numbering your pages at 0, or make it a Section
Break New Page and restart the page numbering in Section 2.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org