Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flamestar flamestar is offline

Default Unstable margins and tabs

The margins change on the ruler every time I change a line. I tried
highlighting the whole document and tried using paragraph and page set
up and the ruler. All I want is 1 inch margins and 0.5 inch indents
for paragraphs and it's killing me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 26, 11:07*pm, flamestar wrote:
The margins change on the ruler every time I change a line. I tried
highlighting the whole document and tried using paragraph and page set
up and the ruler. *All I want is 1 inch margins and 0.5 inch indents
for paragraphs and it's killing me.

What do you mean by "change a line," and how do the margins change? Do
you know how to use Paragraph Styles?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The indent markers on the ruler will move when you change paragraph indents,
but the margin markers should not move. If you are changing paragraph
indents using the ruler, be sure you are moving the indent markers and not
the margin markers. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm

http://word.mvps.org