Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Southern gal living up north[_2_] Southern gal living up north[_2_] is offline

Default UNSTABLE TABS

i HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM TO FLAMESTAR WITH UNSTABLE TABS. I'm using the
preset tabs in a document of 200 pages with a number of different tab stops
on each page. When I hit the tab, it may stop at the correct spot, or it may
stop a space or two before the spot or after the spot. When it does this, it
doesn't matter how many times I go back to the margin, hitting the tab again,
it will still go to the wrong place. I end up using the spacebar to get
there. What is wrong? I'm using 2003, student edition.
--
Southern gal living up north
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you verified that you have tab stops set for the correct position in
the paragraph at the insertion point? It's easy to ascertain this from the
ruler.

http://word.mvps.org

m wrote in message
i HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM TO FLAMESTAR WITH UNSTABLE TABS. I'm using the
preset tabs in a document of 200 pages with a number of different tab
stops
on each page. When I hit the tab, it may stop at the correct spot, or it
may
stop a space or two before the spot or after the spot. When it does this,
it
doesn't matter how many times I go back to the margin, hitting the tab
again,
it will still go to the wrong place. I end up using the spacebar to get
there. What is wrong? I'm using 2003, student edition.
--
Southern gal living up north

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Southern gal living up north[_2_] Southern gal living up north[_2_] is offline

Probably not, didn't know I need to do that since I'm not changing anything,
just using the default ones. I'm not sure I understand why they would stop
at difference points though??
--

m wrote in message
i HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM TO FLAMESTAR WITH UNSTABLE TABS. I'm using the
preset tabs in a document of 200 pages with a number of different tab
stops
on each page. When I hit the tab, it may stop at the correct spot, or it
may
stop a space or two before the spot or after the spot. When it does this,
it
doesn't matter how many times I go back to the margin, hitting the tab
again,
it will still go to the wrong place. I end up using the spacebar to get
there. What is wrong? I'm using 2003, student edition.
--
Southern gal living up north

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Custom tab stops override the built-in ones. If there are custom tab stops
in the paragraph in question, that might be why you're not getting the
behavior you expect. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

http://word.mvps.org

m wrote in message
i HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM TO FLAMESTAR WITH UNSTABLE TABS. I'm using the
preset tabs in a document of 200 pages with a number of different tab
stops
on each page. When I hit the tab, it may stop at the correct spot, or
it
may
stop a space or two before the spot or after the spot. When it does
this,
it
doesn't matter how many times I go back to the margin, hitting the tab
again,
it will still go to the wrong place. I end up using the spacebar to
get
there. What is wrong? I'm using 2003, student edition.
--
Southern gal living up north

Unstable margins and tabs flamestar Microsoft Word Help 2 March 27th 09 02:35 PM
Unstable Styles Liz Page Layout 3 October 8th 07 11:25 AM
Unstable templates Stephen Connell Microsoft Word Help 3 March 24th 06 01:08 PM
Unstable Cursor Angela New Users 2 June 23rd 05 03:45 PM
The world is really unstable these days...... [email protected] Mailmerge 0 May 16th 05 04:30 AM