Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlclink jlclink is offline

Default default Word doc has been altered

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this as I believe it was my 7 year old
who made the initial change. Whenever I open a Word document it does not
come up blank. It always comes up with ;alskdj; tlak ;tlkasdj; print in it.
So it is my thought that it was somehow saved that way, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to clear it and save it as a clean document.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

What happens if you try to delete the text and then save it?

When you try to open a blank document, what is the name of the file that
shows at the top?

"jlclink" wrote:

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this as I believe it was my 7 year old
who made the initial change. Whenever I open a Word document it does not
come up blank. It always comes up with ;alskdj; tlak ;tlkasdj; print in it.
So it is my thought that it was somehow saved that way, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to clear it and save it as a clean document.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlclink jlclink is offline

Deleting the text and saving only saves for that particular document. It
doesn't change the "default" Word document that opens when I open Word.

"Document1" is what shows when I open Word.

Any other thoughts?

"jlclink" wrote:

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this as I believe it was my 7 year old
who made the initial change. Whenever I open a Word document it does not
come up blank. It always comes up with ;alskdj; tlak ;tlkasdj; print in it.
So it is my thought that it was somehow saved that way, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to clear it and save it as a clean document.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm.