Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Zarafa Zarafa is offline

Default formatting cells

How do I conditionally format a cell in Word? I need the cell to colour
yellow when the text "amber" is typed in. It cannot be created in Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Conditional formatting is not supported in Word.

Is there a reason you can't use Excel? Embedding an Excel worksheet would
certainly be useful in a case such as this one.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Zarafa" wrote in message
How do I conditionally format a cell in Word? I need the cell to colour
yellow when the text "amber" is typed in. It cannot be created in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DP DP is offline

In word 2003, I can set an auto correction to replace 'amber' with the
formatted text 'amber (in bold yellow font)'. Doesn't color the cell but
would it help?

"Zarafa" wrote:

How do I conditionally format a cell in Word? I need the cell to colour
yellow when the text "amber" is typed in. It cannot be created in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Seems like a good idea to me (and it's probably the best we can do in Word).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP