Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Catco Catco is offline

Default How do I lock characters in a legal document for mail merge?

I use parenthesis in a legal document that is used for mail merge, and I want
the parenthesis 'fixed' so they won't change position after the merge has
filled the document - any suggestions to get this action?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Catco,

You could put the mergefield(s) into a single-celled table of the appropriate fixed dimensions that span the maximum required size.
That way, the rest of the document's contents won't be affected by whatever goes on inside the table.

--
Cheers
macropod