Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

Default Border in TOC Style

I have set up my TOC1 style to have a top border. This works fine except if
the entry before has no TOC2 etc. entries so I end up with something that
looks like this:
1. HEADING 1 (style is TOC1)
1.1 SubHeading (style is TOC2)
1.2 SubHeading (style is TOC2)
2. HEADING 2

3. HEADING 3 (style is TOC1)
3.1 SubHeading (style is TOC2)
4. HEADING 4

Does anyone know how I can get the border to appear before each TOC1 even
when the previous one does not have TOC2 entries?

Hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Add a Horizontal Inside Border to the style. One way to do this is to select
the two adjacent Heading 1s, go to Format | Borders and Shading, and click
on the line between the two paragraphs in the preview picture. You can also
apply that border type from the Borders palette.

http://word.mvps.org