Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft[_2_] microsoft[_2_] is offline

Default Force Users to save in earlier version

sHi

I have a mixed environment Of Word 2007, 2003, and 97. How can I force the
users using Word 2007 to save in the 97-2003 format.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can tell them to set their defaults to the old format but it all comes
down to a training issue. (And some folks will never learn.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"microsoft" wrote in message
sHi

I have a mixed environment Of Word 2007, 2003, and 97. How can I force
the
users using Word 2007 to save in the 97-2003 format.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You'd also have to "force" them to not use any of the Protection, SmartArt,
Themes, etc. that are a part of Office 2008. If the older versions are fully
updated there should be no Open XML issues... What specifically are you
trying to achieve? Perhaps someone could offer some alternative approaches.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones