GeorgeM

Default How do I move templates from one computor to another

I would like to move my templates on my old computor in Word to my new
computor. When I look at the location of user templates the folder
"application data" does not exist, there fore I am unable to click and drag
to the corrcet locaton.
Charles Kenyon

Tools Options File Locations

The folder is set here. I suspect that the folder, itself, may be hidden in
Windows unless you have display of hidden and system files enabled.
Application data is normally a protected folder, at least in Windows XP.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"GeorgeM" wrote in message
I would like to move my templates on my old computor in Word to my new
computor. When I look at the location of user templates the folder
"application data" does not exist, there fore I am unable to click and
drag
to the corrcet locaton.

Charles Kenyon

Also, look into using workgroup templates if appropriate. For more on the
different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of
templates folders see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

"GeorgeM" wrote in message
I would like to move my templates on my old computor in Word to my new
computor. When I look at the location of user templates the folder
"application data" does not exist, there fore I am unable to click and
drag
to the corrcet locaton.

Sue

by default, "application data" is a hidden folder. You need to go into
Window Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View, and check "show hidden
files and folders" After that you should be able to see Application Data,
then go to the "Microsoft" folder, then to "Templates" All you templates
should be there and you can copy them to a flash drive or floppy disk. You
will need to install them into the same folder on your new computer in order
for them to appear as a template. Good Luck

"GeorgeM" wrote:

I would like to move my templates on my old computor in Word to my new
computor. When I look at the location of user templates the folder
"application data" does not exist, there fore I am unable to click and drag
to the corrcet locaton.

Graham Mayor

Your personal templates are stored in the folder defined in tools options
file locations user templates.

By default 'application data' is a hidden folder, you need to set Windows
Explorer to display hidden files.

GeorgeM wrote:
I would like to move my templates on my old computer in Word to my new
computer. When I look at the location of user templates the folder
"application data" does not exist, there fore I am unable to click
and drag to the correct location.