Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ElisabethR ElisabethR is offline

Default Delete old table styles when converting template to Word 2007

Hi

I am converting old templates that was previously created in Word 2003.
Everything works fine except that I when I create a new table I see the old
table styles that were used in Word 2003. These are not good looking in
comparison with 2007 table styles! So how can I remove these?
I have tried to right click and select Delete, but they are still there!
Is the only solution to create the template from scratch to get ride of those?

Regards
Elisabeth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you are referring to built-in table styles, those can't be deleted (just
like any built-in styles in Word). You will have to live with them. Of
course, you can modify them, if you find it worth the effort.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ElisabethR" wrote in message
Hi

I am converting old templates that was previously created in Word 2003.
Everything works fine except that I when I create a new table I see the
old
table styles that were used in Word 2003. These are not good looking in
comparison with 2007 table styles! So how can I remove these?
I have tried to right click and select Delete, but they are still there!
Is the only solution to create the template from scratch to get ride of
those?

Regards
Elisabeth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ElisabethR ElisabethR is offline

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Do you know why they appear? I have noticed that not
all templates I convert from Word 2003 to Word 2007 gets these old table
styles.
Do you think it is possible to delete them with a macro in some way?

Regards
Elisabeth

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

For styles that are "in use" you will see the old look; for styles not "in
use" you will see the new look. At least that is the way it works with
paragraph styles (and it has worked like that since Word 97).

A style is "in use" in Word if it has been applied to an object (table,
paragraph, or character), even if that object no longer exists.

Have you tried copying the styles from a document where you have the desired
settings?

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Table Styles, Word 2007 Kokomojo Tables 0 March 5th 09 01:00 PM
Word 2007 Table Styles Greg Maxey Tables 2 November 18th 07 06:49 PM
Word 2007 will not allow me to delete a template - help, please. Heather C.[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 August 3rd 07 04:46 AM
Table Styles Word 2007 duncan Tables 0 July 17th 07 07:32 PM
Delete Table Styles in Catalog Lorenz Rebmann Microsoft Word Help 1 May 22nd 07 12:31 PM