Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob W Rob W is offline

Default MS Word 2007: Inserting page number into Table header row (on every page_

Greetings,

I have some college work where a document template has been provided,
essentially a table with a header row and within the header is a page
number (hard coded).

For improvements the first thing I did was to ensure the header row appears
on every page and then inserted a 'page' field thus expecting a new page
number to appear on every page.

I right clicked field and did 'update field', can of course only edit the
initial header row as other pages contain the same header.

The page number on the following pages is always "1" and double checked on a
print preview and it is always "1".

Is it possible to have a header row on each page to display the page number
dynamically?
Hope the problem descriptions makes sense :-)

Thanks
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, no. The repeated heading row is an artifact and as such is
just an exact reproduction of what is displayed on the first page. What you
might do is insert the page number in a text box in the header and then drag
that text box (formatted as In Front of Text or Square, as required) down
into the appropriate position in the table heading row.

http://word.mvps.org

"Rob W" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have some college work where a document template has been provided,
essentially a table with a header row and within the header is a page
number (hard coded).

For improvements the first thing I did was to ensure the header row
appears on every page and then inserted a 'page' field thus expecting a
new page number to appear on every page.

I right clicked field and did 'update field', can of course only edit the
initial header row as other pages contain the same header.

The page number on the following pages is always "1" and double checked on
a print preview and it is always "1".

Is it possible to have a header row on each page to display the page
number dynamically?
Hope the problem descriptions makes sense :-)

Thanks
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob W Rob W is offline

Thanks for the very quick reply, for simplicity I will remove it from the
header row and put it in the more common place footer.

Rob