Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mrbu mrbu is offline

Default Word 2002: Tab key in table does not move to next cell

I've been using this program for years without any trouble. Now, all of a
sudden, when I press the tab key in a table, it does not jump to the next
cell as it should. Instead it moves to a tab stop in the same cell, as if I'm
pressing CTRL+TAB.

It looks as though an option somewhere might have got messed up, but I'm not
sure where to look.

Any suggestions? It's a real time-waster!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Or you have a sticking Ctrl key.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"mrbu" wrote in message
I've been using this program for years without any trouble. Now, all of a
sudden, when I press the tab key in a table, it does not jump to the next
cell as it should. Instead it moves to a tab stop in the same cell, as if
I'm
pressing CTRL+TAB.

It looks as though an option somewhere might have got messed up, but I'm
not
sure where to look.

Any suggestions? It's a real time-waster!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mrbu mrbu is offline

It's a sensible suggestion, but no other program behaves as though the Ctrl
key is stuck down, so I don't think that could be the case here.

Thanks anyway

"mrbu" wrote in message
I've been using this program for years without any trouble. Now, all of a
sudden, when I press the tab key in a table, it does not jump to the next
cell as it should. Instead it moves to a tab stop in the same cell, as if
I'm
pressing CTRL+TAB.

It looks as though an option somewhere might have got messed up, but I'm
not
sure where to look.

Any suggestions? It's a real time-waster!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"mrbu" wrote:
It's a sensible suggestion, but no other program behaves as though the
Ctrl
key is stuck down, so I don't think that could be the case here.

Maybe you have a macro called "NextCell"? That's the command that' usually
run when you hit the Tab key in a table.
That macro would have to insert a real Tab though, to get the behaviour you
describe... which doesn't seem too likely.

Still, it might be worth checking...

Greetings,
Klaus