Marg Shake

Default How can I close a file without exiting Word? Lately every time I .

The last couple days when I click on "close" a file, Word exits. Is there
some way to change this? I am not clicking on the big red X, nor clicking on
Exit in the drop down.k
aprilinda

That is exactly my question - it has happened to me to the point I thought I
was imagining it!!! Someone please help! Is it something built into Word? I
think it also exits maybe after a period of time of non-use... Is that
correct???

Thanks for anyone's input!

"Marg Shake" wrote:

The last couple days when I click on "close" a file, Word exits. Is there
some way to change this? I am not clicking on the big red X, nor clicking on
Exit in the drop down.k

Mat

I find this happens when you have an Outlook mail open in the background. If
you find the same, try the following in Outlook 2003:

Tools - Options - Mail Format - untick "Use Microsoft Office 2003 to edit
e-mail messages".

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mat