Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kaare Nilsen Kaare Nilsen is offline

Default keyboard shortcut for adding comments in Word 2003

I am not sure what this function is called in English, but it's about adding
a note or comment to a document in the right hand margin. A red comment field
pops up and one can write a comment in it.
So is there a keyboard shortcut for this commentary function in Word 2003?
For a teacher like me who is correcting lots of English tests written by my
Norwegian students, it would be marvelous to use a keyboard shortcut instead
of using the mouse and the main top menu. Also, it would give me less pain in
the neck and head.
Please, advice.
Kaare Nilsen
Norway.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

What you refer to is called comments in an English version of Word. A
shortcut for €śInsert Comment€ť is built-in. In my English version of Word 2003
the shortcut is Alt+Ctrl+M. However, I checked in my Danish version of Word
2007 and found the shortcut Alt+Ctrl+A instead. A third key combination may
be used in a Norwegian version.

You can easily find the shortcut or assign another shortcut yourself. You
can e.g. do as follows:
1. Press Alt+Ctrl ++ (i.e. the plus-sign on the numeric keypad on your
keyboard).
Now the cursor changes to a cloverleaf.
2. Click Insert menu, then click Comment.
Now the Customize Keyboard dialog opens, showing the command executed by
Comment (€śInsertAnnotation€ť in an English version, €śIndsætAnmærkning€ť in a
Danish version). Any assigned shortcuts are shown in the Current Keys field.
In the dialog box, you can also assign a new shortcut if you wish.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kaare Nilsen" wrote:

I am not sure what this function is called in English, but it's about adding
a note or comment to a document in the right hand margin. A red comment field
pops up and one can write a comment in it.
So is there a keyboard shortcut for this commentary function in Word 2003?
For a teacher like me who is correcting lots of English tests written by my
Norwegian students, it would be marvelous to use a keyboard shortcut instead
of using the mouse and the main top menu. Also, it would give me less pain in
the neck and head.
Please, advice.
Kaare Nilsen
Norway.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the InsertNewComment command from
tools customize. CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C should be unassigned - or you could
reassign or use some alternative of your choice.