Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gopher87 gopher87 is offline

Default A gray band appeared (Word 2007)

Hi

today Word 2007 is showing a gray vertical band (like a column) on the
right side of *ALL* the pages of my document.

This appears when I go VIEW-DOCUMENT VIEW-PRINT LAYOUT.

How do I get rid of this thing that I dont know where its coming from?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You have some tracked changes in your document, and the option is set to show
changes in balloons. The gray column is where the balloons go.

Click the Review tab of the ribbon. If the Track Changes button is active
(orange), click to turn it off. If you didn't know you were tracking changes,
you probably want to keep all the changes, so click the down arrow on the Accept
button and click Accept All Changes in Document.

Then read http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
so you don't get any more surprises.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 22 May 2009 11:34:31 +0200, gopher87 wrote:

Hi

today Word 2007 is showing a gray vertical band (like a column) on the
right side of *ALL* the pages of my document.

This appears when I go VIEW-DOCUMENT VIEW-PRINT LAYOUT.

How do I get rid of this thing that I dont know where its coming from?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Why am I thinking of The Rolling Stones? (Oh wait - that would be
gray-haired band...)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

Hi

today Word 2007 is showing a gray vertical band (like a column) on the
right side of *ALL* the pages of my document.

This appears when I go VIEW-DOCUMENT VIEW-PRINT LAYOUT.

How do I get rid of this thing that I dont know where its coming from?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Why am I thinking of The Rolling Stones? (Oh wait - that would be
gray-haired band...)

hmmm...

Why am I thinking of things like Re-inventing the Wheel every 2 o 3
years or Discovering Hot Water (and Fire) every 2 or 3 years when I
think of wordprocessing software?

I don't know ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Don't know. Word 2007's changes are the first major changes since they
switched to a Windows interface.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]