Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FARAZ QURESHI FARAZ QURESHI is offline

Default Replace Inverted Commas

Whenever I carry out a Find + Replace exercise to insert Inverted Commas,
i.e. ", the same are curved in the stylish manner.

Any way of replacing existing/inserting unformatted simple straight commas
like displayed in the symbols' character set?

Thanx in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need a macro

Sub ReplaceQuotes()
Dim vFindText As Variant
Dim vReplText As Variant
Dim sFormat As Boolean
Dim i As Long
sFormat = Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes
vFindText = Array(Chr(147), Chr(148), Chr(145), Chr(146))
vReplText = Array(Chr(34), Chr(34), Chr(39), Chr(39))
Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes = False
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
With Selection.Find
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.MatchWholeWord = True
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.Format = True
.MatchCase = True

For i = LBound(vFindText) To UBound(vFindText)
.Text = vFindText(i)
.Replacement.Text = vReplText(i)
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
Next i
End With
Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes = sFormat
End Sub

FARAZ QURESHI wrote:
Whenever I carry out a Find + Replace exercise to insert Inverted
Commas, i.e. ", the same are curved in the stylish manner.

Any way of replacing existing/inserting unformatted simple straight
commas like displayed in the symbols' character set?

Thanx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I do not understand whether you wish to use straight quotes or curly quotes,
but Word offers the choice.

Under Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat as you type tab, there is a
checkbox labeled "replace straight quotes with curly quotes". if you want
curly quotes, check this box; if you want straight quotes, uncheck this box.
Then, under Find and Replace, enter " in the Find what box, and also enter "
in the Replace with box, and press Replace All.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
Whenever I carry out a Find + Replace exercise to insert Inverted Commas,
i.e. ", the same are curved in the stylish manner.

Any way of replacing existing/inserting unformatted simple straight commas
like displayed in the symbols' character set?

Thanx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What is already in your text, that you are replacing with quotation
marks?

As Tony said, you can have either straight or curly quotes by checking
or clearing the appropriate formatting box. And this also lets you
change from one to the other.

On May 27, 12:30*am, FARAZ QURESHI
wrote:
Whenever I carry out a Find + Replace exercise to insert Inverted Commas,
i.e. ", the same are curved in the stylish manner.

Any way of replacing existing/inserting unformatted simple straight commas
like displayed in the symbols' character set?

Thanx in advance.

Why don't inverted commas appear as I type? John Microsoft Word Help 2 August 7th 08 12:52 PM
inverted commas sony New Users 2 April 23rd 07 05:29 AM
I inverted commas in don't appear on the first key hit. Help? Gary Hastie Microsoft Word Help 1 October 2nd 06 07:00 AM
When I type inverted commas I have to hit space bar to show Scuba Andy Microsoft Word Help 1 June 4th 06 05:10 AM
Inverted commas Yorkrise Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 06:03 PM