Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yekke yekke is offline

Default Reopening in spot that it closed

There is a text editor called Notespad that when you reopen a document that
has, let's say ten pages, and you closed the document on page 7, when you
reopen it, your cursor will be at the same spot it was when you closed it, on
page 7.
I am running Word 2003. In Word, when you reopen a document, the cursor is
blinking at the first character of the document. Is there any option in Word
to have the document reopen where I left off, as I described above?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nope. It's one of the most requested things. See if Shift-F5 takes you
to where you were when you closed the document.

FrameMaker reopens where you left off, too.

On May 27, 3:38*pm, yekke wrote:
There is a text editor called Notespad that when you reopen a document that
has, *let's say ten pages, and you closed the document on page 7, when you
reopen it, your cursor will be at the same spot it was when you closed it, on
page 7.
I am running Word 2003. In Word, when you reopen a document, the cursor is
blinking at the first character of the document. Is there any option in Word
to have the document reopen where I left off, as I described above?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:38:15 -0700, yekke wrote:

There is a text editor called Notespad that when you reopen a document that
has, let's say ten pages, and you closed the document on page 7, when you
reopen it, your cursor will be at the same spot it was when you closed it, on
page 7.
I am running Word 2003. In Word, when you reopen a document, the cursor is
blinking at the first character of the document. Is there any option in Word
to have the document reopen where I left off, as I described above?

Not that I'm aware, but I've set up a macro that sets a
"ReadingPoint" bookmark, and another that goes to it, both
accessible by button or hotkey, and they are very effective.

p.