Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CarolChi CarolChi is offline

Default Formatting withing table within template

Word 2007
I am building a template (an invoice).
It contains a table (with the detail of the invoice).
I put some test data in the table.
I formatted the table using one of the built in banded styles.
Then I turned off the first column formatting.
Then I changed the alignment of columns 3, 4 and 5.

Now I want to delete all the rows except the header row, save the template,
make a document from it, and paste data from Excel into the table.
I loose the non-standard column formats each time.

Can anyone help? I think it may be to do with table styles, but I can't see
how. I get the same problem if I save the table header row as a quick table.

--
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

CarolChi was telling us:
CarolChi nous racontait que :

Word 2007
I am building a template (an invoice).
It contains a table (with the detail of the invoice).
I put some test data in the table.
I formatted the table using one of the built in banded styles.
Then I turned off the first column formatting.
Then I changed the alignment of columns 3, 4 and 5.

Now I want to delete all the rows except the header row, save the
template, make a document from it, and paste data from Excel into the
table.
I loose the non-standard column formats each time.

Can anyone help? I think it may be to do with table styles, but I
can't see how. I get the same problem if I save the table header row
as a quick table.

After pasting, select the paste icon (Bottom right corner of pasted text)
and make sure to select "Paste as Text".
If you do not see that icon, instead of doing a regular paste, do a "Special
paste" and select "Unformatted text". Then the pasted text will inherit the
formatting from the selection where it is pasted.

--
Jean-Guy Marcil