Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
moodyjane moodyjane is offline

Default How can I save my choice of printer as part of a document?

Windows 2003 I use 2 printers. When I select one for a document, Word
automatically chooses that printer for the next document, until I go into the
Print menu & change it to the other printer. I have certain
documents/templates that I re-use and that I'll always want to print on a
specific printer; I'd like to include that printer choice as part of the
document, rather than sometimes having to specifically select it because the
previous document was printed on the second printer. Is it possible to save
the document in such a way that the printer I've chosen for that document
will automatically be the same the next time I print out the document?
Actually, I thought that was the SOP in the past. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word has never been able to save a printer selection with a document
(Publisher does this), and there is no built-in feature to do this. It can
be done with VBA (a macro) saved in the document.

http://word.mvps.org

"moodyjane" wrote in message
Windows 2003 I use 2 printers. When I select one for a document, Word
automatically chooses that printer for the next document, until I go into
the
Print menu & change it to the other printer. I have certain
documents/templates that I re-use and that I'll always want to print on a
specific printer; I'd like to include that printer choice as part of the
document, rather than sometimes having to specifically select it because
the
previous document was printed on the second printer. Is it possible to
save
the document in such a way that the printer I've chosen for that document
will automatically be the same the next time I print out the document?
Actually, I thought that was the SOP in the past. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 29 May 2009 16:56:01 -0700, moodyjane
wrote:

Windows 2003 I use 2 printers. When I select one for a document, Word
automatically chooses that printer for the next document, until I go into the
Print menu & change it to the other printer. I have certain
documents/templates that I re-use and that I'll always want to print on a
specific printer; I'd like to include that printer choice as part of the
document, rather than sometimes having to specifically select it because the
previous document was printed on the second printer. Is it possible to save
the document in such a way that the printer I've chosen for that document
will automatically be the same the next time I print out the document?
Actually, I thought that was the SOP in the past. Thanks!

It has never been SOP -- you need an add-in that you can download from
http://www.gmayor.com/Associate_Printer.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman