Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DAnne DAnne is offline

Default Hidden JPEG in footer

I have a hidden logo in footer of document. When I print out document, I keep
hidden so I can copy onto letterhead. I have to unhide logo to PDF document,
which throws off Word pagination enough so that it does not exactly match the
printed copy. Can I fix logo so that it is the same size whether hidden or
showing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of making it Hidden you can change the brightness to 100%, which
will make it invisible.

http://word.mvps.org

"DAnne" wrote in message
I have a hidden logo in footer of document. When I print out document, I
keep
hidden so I can copy onto letterhead. I have to unhide logo to PDF
document,
which throws off Word pagination enough so that it does not exactly match
the
printed copy. Can I fix logo so that it is the same size whether hidden
or
showing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Another fix is to adjust is the bottom margin in your document. Your logo
must be encroaching into the main text area. These directions are for W2007,
but I think they work in W2003. While in the footer with the logo displayed,
press the Alt key, move the cursor onto the vertical ruler at the point where
the color changes from white to blue (the white part is the footer area),
then click and hold. The number you see in the white part is the actual
footer depth. Change the bottom margin to that number and what fits on the
page will stay the same whether the logo is hidden or not.

Another fix is to move the logo into the specified margin. Things to look for
and try: If the footer margin is at the default 0.5", reduce it to, say, .
3". If the image is in line with text and the text paragraph style has
before and after spacing, reduce or eliminate the spacing. And, of course,
you could reduce the size of the logo.

Pam