gjhardy gjhardy is offline
Junior Member

Default Word active onthe internet when saving

If anyone can please assist.

I am using MS Office Word 2007 SP2 MSO on Vista Business 6.0.6001 SP 1.

Recently Word started to stop responding and take forever to save (+30 secs for a small file). At these times there was a lot of network activity.

I discovered that if I disable the network or keep the LAN running while unplugging the ADSL from the switch/router this problem went away. Only to return when the sevice was reconnected.

What is Word doing and how can I stop it?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what could be causing this, but the following may be worth
trying: In Word, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the
Trust Center category, click the Trust Center Settings button. In the Privacy
Options category, clear the options referring to connecting to Microsoft
Office Online and downloading files (under "Privacy Options").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gjhardy" wrote:

If anyone can please assist.

I am using MS Office Word 2007 SP2 MSO on Vista Business 6.0.6001 SP
1.

Recently Word started to stop responding and take forever to save (+30
secs for a small file). At these times there was a lot of network
activity.

I discovered that if I disable the network or keep the LAN running
while unplugging the ADSL from the switch/router this problem went
away. Only to return when the sevice was reconnected.

What is Word doing and how can I stop it?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

--
gjhardy

gjhardy gjhardy is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Thank you Stefan. Word was checking "suspicious web sites". I have disabled that and all now works as it should.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"gjhardy" wrote:

If anyone can please assist.

I am using MS Office Word 2007 SP2 MSO on Vista Business 6.0.6001 SP
1.

Recently Word started to stop responding and take forever to save (+30
secs for a small file). At these times there was a lot of network
activity.

I discovered that if I disable the network or keep the LAN running
while unplugging the ADSL from the switch/router this problem went
away. Only to return when the sevice was reconnected.

What is Word doing and how can I stop it?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

--
gjhardy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gjhardy" wrote in message

Thank you Stefan. Word was checking "suspicious web sites". I have
disabled that and all now works as it should.

Cheers

;417627']I'm not sure what could be causing this, but the following may

-